RIRSZ

Jul 13, 2012
Central New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is my first opening. Pool was built last year, I hope I can get it looking as good as it was last summer...

The numbers from my test kit:
(I had to have pool company over to open my pool to retain the warranty, so they put some chemicals in before I could stop them)

FC: 2 ppm
CC: 3 ppm
ph: 7.2
CYA 60

So I followed the Slam instructions and poured 7 bottles of bleach in the pool. I guess I'm supposed to check tomorrow morning to see if I've lost any bleach overnight?

Anyway, here are some pics...

I knew once I turned on the floor cleaning system it would kick all the sediment up into the water!

This mornings numbers, at 6:45 am.

FC: 18
CC: 1

Pool looks much clearer now. Do I keep slamming or should I start letting the chlorine drop? I'm off to work now so I can't do anything else until after 7:00 pm.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would love to see an updated pic. You will be done when you lose 1ppm or less of FC over night, your CC is .5ppm or less and your water is crystal clear.

Here this evenings numbers...

FC: 15 ppm (very sunny day)
CC: .5 ppm

Water still has some junk in it. I got home late and didn't have time to brush, so I will have to leave it to the pool to clean itself overnight again.

The water has cleared up a lot, nearly crystal clear. Here are some night shots.

Oh, and thank you everyone for all your help! This website and community are an amazing resource...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.