Cleaning Cell in SWG

Jun 15, 2008
I have a chlor-ease swg. what can I use to clean the cell. I am having problems with no chlorine in the pool. I have shocked and it was good for about 3 days then back to 0. I need some help trying anything and everything before sending it back for then to evaluate the swg to see if it is a manufacture defect, they say it will take 3 weeks to do this. Thank You for any help you guys can give me. Latest readings salt at 3700 TH 0, TC 1, FC 1, Ph 7.6, TA 80, CYA 50. Thanks again.

Hi donna,

One thing that jumps out at me is that your CYA (stabilizer) level is a bit low contrary to ChlorEASE recommendation. They say that 80 ppm is optimum and you are at 50 ppm. I have attached the instruction manual if you see that a cleaning is necessary. For most SWG's a 4 parts water to 1 part muratic acid solution is recommended, but inspect your cell first to see if you have any scale deposits and adjust your CYA to recommended level, otherwise it may just be a defective unit.

Attachments

• Chlorease 20 Manual.pdf
    501 KB · Views: 5
I have a friend who is having the same problem. The "pool store" is telling her that the cya level is 65 and she has no chlorine. They instructed to shock the pool with granular shock and placed her name on the service call list. Can she just add bleach instead of granular shock? I know zero about a SWCG so I didn't know what to tell her, but I knew you guys would know the answer.

When FC goes to zero with a SWG it is a good idea to shock the pool (in addition to checking the SWG is working, and that PH, CYA, and salt levels are appropriate). While you can use any form of chlorine, bleach is the best choice in most cases.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.