Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help finding valve cover gasket for Jacuzzi 7 position multipart

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help finding valve cover gasket for Jacuzzi 7 position multipart

Hi,

I have a Jacuzzi 225L sand filter with a 7 position multiport model 39263009 tag indicates the manufacture is Jan 2000.

The gasket under the diverter handle cover is shot. It started to draw in air after the pump was shut down (but did not leak under pressure) causing all kinds of problems on restart from the de pressurizing of the system. Then it started to leak. I took off the 6 bolts from the valve cover and the gasket is dry rotted. I rotated it and lubed well and it is now holding, but clearly a temporary fix.
    My online research suggests you can get parts for these valves without buying the whole assembly, but the descriptions are not specific enough. INYOPOOLS has one they call a cover O-ring and describe as a 5 1/4 inch gasket, but this seems small.

Has anyone replaced on of these and can you send a link of the correct part?

Much appreciated
    16 X 32 wooden frame with aluminum braces in ground pool. 3.6ft shallow end, 8.5ft deep end. 22,000 gallons. Pool constructed in 1976 in Chicago area. Mechanics: 1HP hayward super pump, Jaccuzi sand filter, Hayward SWG, and Raypak 2100 heater. No main drain (capped years ago) 3 jets, 1 skimmer. Liner replaced May 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help finding valve cover gasket for Jacuzzi 7 position multipart

I can not help but maybe someone else can.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

ok the folks at INYO pools claim to have this part. I ordered it as part number 4685-14 for 9.99 in case anyone else needs this. Beats buying the whole new multi port for 130 bucks.
    16 X 32 wooden frame with aluminum braces in ground pool. 3.6ft shallow end, 8.5ft deep end. 22,000 gallons. Pool constructed in 1976 in Chicago area. Mechanics: 1HP hayward super pump, Jaccuzi sand filter, Hayward SWG, and Raypak 2100 heater. No main drain (capped years ago) 3 jets, 1 skimmer. Liner replaced May 2013.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hi Fisherman my name is Patrick from INYO pools please let me know if the 4685-14 o-ring works for you, thanks!!