Strange CC reading

May 12, 2014
Florida
Recently I brought my free chlorine level to around 18 PPM to rid my pool of a high combined chlorine reading. After two days of keeping the level at 18 PPM I went to test the CC again with my Taylor k-2006 kit, when I got to the point where I used R-0003 the water turns pink/red for about five seconds and then turns a green color. Does this mean that CC is present in the pool or not?

Welcome to TFP!

I've never heard of a FAS-DPD test turning green. I suspect you may have had something contaminating the test. I recommend trying the test again and see if it works correctly this time.

Thanks for the welcome!

I've done the test twice now while the pump was running from both the spa and the actual pool. I will try to do it again but with my free chlorine being this high I will be running out of R-0871 quickly.

When there is no CC present it does not turn pink at all? Even for a second when adding R-0003?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.