Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin M5 question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fort Worth, TX

Dolphin M5 question

Hubby & I think we decided the pool cleaner that we want is the M5 but one thing concerns him. He is very mechanical & can repair anything mechanically ...did I read correctly that M5 must be repaired @ the PSS? If so that will never work for us.

Thanks in advance.
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Dolphin M5 question

I think what you may have read is actually regarding the warranty.

The thing is, if purchased online, most of the Maytronics cleaners warranty is void (not all but most). However if purchased at the pool store, the warranty is valid.
    This is Maytronics way of supporting the retailers.
    Some minor warranty repair might be done at the PSS, but depending on what it is, it may have to go back to the factory for warranty work too.

If out of warranty, parts for the cleaners can certainly be purchased by us DIYers if we need to fix something.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!