Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official SLAM free thread....

1. Back To Top    #1

Official SLAM free thread....

to me, the ultimate testimony to the BBB / TFPC method is never having to SLAM.

Post here if you have never had to SLAM..... I went all last year without having to shock / SLAM once.

(we are not counting bringing to shock level at closing as part of closing procedure)

Congrats to all who post and here is to another SLAM free summer!!!!
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Official SLAM free thread....

My pool was completed in March of 2013. I have never SLAM'd or even had to shock the pool. I've been pretty good about keeping PH and Chlorine levels in check. So far this year, the only thing that is above recommended levels is the CH, but that is a byproduct of high CH in our city water. I keep that in check by keeping my PH between 7.2-7.6.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

I've never had to SLAM ! 🎉🍺
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I know I prolly dont count because Ive only had water in my pool since November. I have never had to slam. However, let me say this. Had I not found this forum, I would be a wimpering idiot and pool stored for sure !!! Im so glad yall are here and I found you!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Never slammed.

What is this thing you call "closing procedure?"
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Last SLAM was a few years ago due to pump outage and was brief
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Over two years of no SLAMing. This pool thing is almost getting too easy.

I think I'll go mess with my TA....
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Never slammed.

What is this thing you call "closing procedure?"
    yeah, rub it in, you guys from CA where the record low is what? 65 degrees?
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

I didn't close my pool and I live in tn. Water stayed clear all year long

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post

agreed. here is my intex in its last couple weeks of life... as its soon to be replaced. Im saving my perfectly balanced, never been SLAMMED water though....

sorry, overcast today.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    yeah, rub it in, you guys from CA where the record low is what? 65 degrees?
    Dang it! Too slow. You took the words right off my keyboard!

Last slam was the first year we had the pool, needed it because there was leftover **** in the pump and hoses from the previous owner, and I hadn't quite caught on to the TFPC way. 3 seasons ago.

This is the first season after leaving the pool up over winter. Opened to a nice sparkly pool, with just a bit of trash that made it through the mesh cover.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    Dang it! Too slow. You took the words right off my keyboard!
    lol....

14. Back To Top    #14

My brand new pool has never been SLAM'ed! I'd like to keep it that way!

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

In case directly responding to this topic jinxes my water, I'll just say I share the same record as the others who have responded.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

16. Back To Top    #16

Never officially slammed. Once I had algae growing on a shady spot of my raised wall, but I just splashed bleach over the stone and it went away.

Ugh just noticed my daughters socks. Lol she jumped in after volleyball today in her full uniform but pulled off her socks and left them for me. Thanks kid!
    17,000 inground gunite pool finished June 2013. Pentair variable speed something or another. Polaris cleaner, inline rainbow chlorinator. Using trichlor until CYA reaches 50-60.

17. Back To Top    #17

Nice pool and socks dream pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks we love it! And thanks to TFP, the only expensive part is heating it since February.
    17,000 inground gunite pool finished June 2013. Pentair variable speed something or another. Polaris cleaner, inline rainbow chlorinator. Using trichlor until CYA reaches 50-60.

19. Back To Top    #19

Never slammed or closed the pool ever. (1 year so still early but confident I never will have to!) Stayed crystal clear all winter. Of course it is a bit easier here in Texas!
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by skylar18 View Post
    Of course it is a bit easier here in Texas!
    Not if your Texas pool came with Texas quantities of CYA already in the water.
    20,000 gal in-ground plaster pool with sand filter. Replastered recently. Mostly adding bleach and acid. CYA was high when I took over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast