CH on 20ppm?

Apr 14, 2010
Bartlett, TN
I see that it says CH doesn't really matter for vinyl liners but there is still a recommend range of 200 & 400ppm. I've tested pool water twice and tested the fill water and my CH readings are coming out at 20ppm. Is there any danger for having such a low CH reading? Is there any benefit to bringing it into the recommended range?

Low CH can contribute to foaming. Other than that... who cares? If I were you, I'd crunch some numbers and see what the cost per FCppm is between bleach and Cal-hypo, and if it was cheaper, use some Cal-hypo. I got a flier in the mail, all those pucks and powders are on sale right now!

Maybe I should have worded it differently. I wasn't asking "hey will 20ppm damage my liner" i was asking is there any negative impact to having such a low reading water quality wise and is there any benefit to having a higher reading. So it only effects foaming and that's it. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.