Pool Installation Underway

May 10, 2014
Lewisville, TX
Decided on a small play pool for the kids. 75' perimeter with 5' maximum depth. Today they sprayed the gunite and IMMEDIATELY afterwards I got a brief, yet hard rain. I understand wetting the gunite will slow the cure process and likely make it stronger. However, what I have noticed that concerns me a little is this:

1. The smooth finish on the bottom is gone where they brushed the bottom. The rain was hard enough to expose small pea gravel from the gunite.

2. Some water has accumulated in the bottom of the pool.

None of the walls, steps or benches show any signs of collapsing. The edge of the pool where the coping will go is now rough from the large raindrops. Anything I should be concerned about?

Pics of construction process are here: http://1drv.ms/1mSTQeV

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds to me that now the plaster and mortar will have a rougher surface to adhere to :) ... I do not think it sounds like a problem, but see what the builders say.

Your builder will take care of any issues that arise due to inclement weather. Good Luck with your build and keep the pics coming! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.