Still cloudy after all these days . . .

What is everyone's thougth on using the vacuum brush to suck up the water vs. the skimmer? In my pool I know where the debris collects due to the current from the return. Lots of times I hook up the brush with vacuum hose attached and let the brush sit in the "collection" area and the pump is then drawing water from the bottom of the pool vs the skimmer and the top 3 or 4". I often come back to a completely clean bottom and then just take the hose off at the skimmer and let the skimmer do it's job for the surface debris that has blown in with the wind.

Seems some of these pools might clear up faster if the water is drawn from the bottom instead of the top 3-4". Does that make sense?

Glenn

My kids swim in the pool close to shock value every time we have a pool party. We have them rinse off in the shower afterwards and rinse the suits as well so they don't fade.

What is everyone's thougth on using the vacuum brush to suck up the water vs. the skimmer? In my pool I know where the debris collects due to the current from the return. Lots of times I hook up the brush with vacuum hose attached and let the brush sit in the "collection" area and the pump is then drawing water from the bottom of the pool vs the skimmer and the top 3 or 4". I often come back to a completely clean bottom and then just take the hose off at the skimmer and let the skimmer do it's job for the surface debris that has blown in with the wind.

Seems some of these pools might clear up faster if the water is drawn from the bottom instead of the top 3-4". Does that make sense?

Glenn

Yes, I've done this with some pools myself.

Whew - thanks to all of your encouragement, support and reminders to stay the course. The pool is not "hazy" - not quite crystal, but you can see the bottom - I have written before about the life lessons I got from my pool, but this was another one. You have to do what you know to do - those actions that have been time tested and proven repeatedly - and keep doing what you know to do until the moment arrives. PATIENCE PERSISTENCE and CONSISTENCY.

(Edit: 6-2-14)
6-2-14 small.jpg

I would suggest daily brushing while you're trying to clear the pool.

I would caution anyone letting children swim in a cloudy pool! Do NOT Do It!!! I don't care of they swim like fish. It is a very dangerous practice and should be avoided at all cost. JMO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.