Daily Bleach usage

May 5, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Wanted to throw this question out there. How much bleach do yall end up adding on a daily basis? Not talking about fighting algae or anything off the wall like that...just daily maintenance.

First time fill for me here, of course I had to add CYA to the water and cannot retest it until this Friday to see where that level is, but I'm having to add aroun 70oz or so of bleach daily since our initial fill completed last friday. A couple of us have been using the pool each day and Air temperatures have been in the low 80's each day. I Don't have a CC problem either...is my daily usage normal given our sunny and warm conditions?

Depends on your pool size. It is normal to have to add 2-3ppm of FC everyday. For you that would be 40-60 oz of 8.25% bleach every day.

So, you are a little high and I would think you may need to bump you CYA level up a little more after you test it.

A full set of test #s would be useful too, particularly if they aren't pool store tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Last summer, my first using the BBB method, during the hottest part, July-early Sept, I was putting in a half to full jug of 8.5% in my 24K pool daily.

I also have been averaging about a gallon a day of 8.25% - 25,000 gallon pool PH 7.6, Alk 120, CYA 45

Is this normal?? I am reluctant to bump up CYA because my opening was flawless this year - everything clean and balanced within 2 days. (Have it opened 2 1/2 weeks now).

At this time of the year, until my water temps get into the upper 80s, my fc usage historically has only been 1-2ppm per day. Then, later in the summer I needed to pour a bottle in every day; one of the reasons I now have a swg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.