Stenner pump suggestions?

Does anyone have an opinion on which stenner pump is best? Im trying to send my PB some information so we can decide which to get but I am overwhelmed with the options. The econ series has a built in timer I think. Is this ideal or is there a better choice that requires a separate timer? He's ordering equipment today and wanted to order an intellichem but I don't like the price. So any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Andrea

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

This is what I was curious about. I'm interpreting what you are saying Hawk as my intellitouch should act as my timer right? As long as the guy who installs my equipment knows how to do the wiring.
So I should just need the pump and a storage tank? If I can figure out which ones now. ;-) Thank y'all!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here is my thread from when I did mine- http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...er-pump-to-my-EasyTouch-DONE-updated-1st-post

It's been running great since day one. During the winter when chlorine needs are low, I just change the program to turn off at an earlier time (less minutes). During the summer I add more minutes. The Stenner pump I'm using has an adjustable head, but I leave it on #10 setting. When I hooked it up, I primed it, then ran it for 10 minutes. I measured out the chlorine and found it was pumping 1.75 ounces per minute. A bit different than what the manual says it should, but that's to be expected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. My pool will be around 33.5k gallons. I guess I just thought I'd be using a lot of bleach. Lol. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

During the summer, I inject mine at night and then let the pump run for two hours to disperse. That way it can sanitize without the sun burning it up right away. Then the pump comes back on about 6am for 6 more hours to finish cleaning before anyone gets the urge to get in. :paddle:

During the winter, I cut off the night time dosing and pump time and only dose at 6am just after the pump kicks on and finishes the priming sequence. That way it's up to full flow (Intelliflo VF pump).

I was pleasantly surprised at how much less chlorine I use now with the Stenner. I no longer have any wide swings of free chlorine, everything is more consistent and predictable.

Yes, just like Hawk has mentioned, I have one spare relay on the ProLogic assigned to an outdoor outlet that I have the Stenner plugged into (yes on the 120V version). You can do the same with your Intellitouch also if you have the extra relay. Then just have a timer in the intellitouch that turns the outlet on or off at certain times (leave the stenner switched on at all times). Adjust the amount of time the pump is on to change the volume of chlorine added. (For the 10gallon per day pump = 0.89 oz / min)

I have the 15 gallon tank as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.