What to buy? Pool and saltwater system?

May 28, 2012
Our last pool was a huge blue thing that I paid $50 for on clearance at Target, it is shot after three years. I am looking into a cheapie metal frame pool and getting the saltwater system for it. We can only use it 3 or 4 months a year so I wasn't looking for anything really expensive.

We have the insulation foam on the ground and it is level so I want to stick to 15'. I'm looking at this 15' by 48" pool by Intex.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-15-x-48-Metal-Frame-Swimming-Pool/22066743

With this saltwater thing.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-15-x-48-Metal-Frame-Swimming-Pool/22066743

What salt do I buy? Do I need any other chemicals? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks

Looks like you have an awfully nice pool already? Welcome to the forum.
Huh?

I am guessing that is not the correct signature ;)

:wave: Welcome to TFP, themothership!!!

You can just use solar salt that is cheaper than the "pool" salt. You will also need to add stabilizer to the pool.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

It would also be a good idea to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits to ensure you keep a nice clear pool all summer.

The link you provided are the same., so not sure what salt generator you were talking about.

It is usually better to get the SWG separate from the pump and filter (which I think you are talking about doing). So that if one part goes bad you do not have to replace everything. Also the Intex sand filters are far superior to the little cartridge filters, but you can do that upgrade later if required. I would suggest ordering come Unicel cartridges instead of using the disposable Intex ones.

This is what I had in my cart, sorry for the double link.
4a2y8a3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.