Aerator to raise PH (so I can lower TA)

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
I think this fits into this forum. Hope so.

Anyway, my TA is around 120. I'd like to get it done to 70 or 80. I understand the process is to drop ph with acid (which also drops TA), and then aerate to raise ph so I don't touch TA. I read a few threads about building an aerator out of PVC, but have a few questions...

1. I want to be sure I understand where an aerator is connected to. Nothing special is required right, you just remove the 'eyeball' from one of the return jets, and attach your aerator there?
2. Using an aerator doesn't create any back pressure that is bad for the pump?
3. Would something like this do the job as well? http://www.yourpoolhq.com/pool-aerator.html

On #3, it's simple enough, and doesn't require me to make anything. And it's small enough that I won't worry about any tension on the threads/return port from a larger setup.

thanks

Missed that down there!

So mine says its -0.75. The section says:

Less than -0.6 is suggestive of problems for plaster, tile, stone, and pebble pools.
Greater than 0.6 is suggestive of problems for all pools.

So -0.75 is less than -0.6. Assuming it's worded properly, I should reduce TA. Target in PoolMath showed as -0.99. Last time I checked. -0.99 is even LESS than -0.75. So my target would make it worse for me? I must not be understanding this right.

I sometimes hate that we ever put CSI on the table for discussion.

If your pool stays within the parameters suggested in Pool School - ABC's of pool water chemistry, you will never have to calculate csi and never have to worry about it.

My pool is about 8 years old and I have never considered csi nor has there ever been a need

There that thang is!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ive been looking for that thang for a couple of weeks and havent been able to find it again! That do dad works real nice. Friend of mine has one in his pool and I like the way it sprays water.

I want one just for the sound of of the fountain and the 'ambience' when I need it!
:party:

Thanks for the link!

3. Would something like this do the job as well? http://www.yourpoolhq.com/pool-aerator.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.