Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 inch to 1 inch step down for slide

1. Back To Top    #1

2 inch to 1 inch step down for slide

I am getting ready to plumb my Inter fab Adrenaline slide. My lines are 2 inch and the slide and valve pieces are all 1 inch.

Anything I need to know?

I was going to get a 2 inch- 1 1/2 inch tee and then put a 1 inch reducing bushing in it.
    Good plan?

Thanks in advance....
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 inch to 1 inch step down for slide

That sounds very reasonable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I just finished installing a gently used Interfab slide on my pool. I ran 1.5" pipe off the filter (with an existing, but not longer used 3-way Jandy valve) about 80 feet to the slide. I reduced down to the 3/4" size that runs up the slide at the stub up. Frankly, this is total overkill. I can barely turn the valve up at all-- the water will basically shoot out sideways if it's that high. It's a fast slide, that's for sure! The whole plumbing setup probably cost me about $60 in parts and glue/primer. No big deal if you've done basic plumbing. You'll probably be fine reducing down early on and running 1 inch out to the slide, but if you want more flow, it's best to run the bigger pipe and neck down when you get to the slide. The cost difference is pretty negligible, maybe $10-$15 depending on the length of the run, number of elbows, etc. Curious, does yours use a valve at the slide for flow control?

8214166200128718589.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes they included a 1 inch ball valve for in line control. I have only a 20 ft run. Pics soon!
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP, bproosow!!!!

Question ... why does your water look so green?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I know this isn't a place to post pics of slides, and I havent made a permanent water connection yet, but it is installed and TESTED!!!!
    Couldn't resist....had to go down a few times!

20140520_195646.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

We just ordered this slide!!!! Thanks for the pics; I was concerned how it would look next to the 6' high stockade fence, but from these pics, I don't think it will be an issue!!!!

We started out wanting the G-force, but then the kids came with me to the pool place to pick out the liner and they saw the X-treme 2 slide. The owner of the pool place told us the X-treme 2 is faster than the G-force. So that's what they wanted. Then I went online and saw the Adrenaline!! Well, if fast is what they want, fast is what they will get. The Adrenaline and G-force were the same installed price. The X-treme 2 was $600 cheaper. We went for the Adrenaline. Can't wait for it to be installed!

8. Back To Top    #8

I have this slide as well...totally plumbed....it is a WILD RIDE!

As a note, by 1 HP (uprated) Pump on LOW is BARELY enough to drive this slide.

I have to turn off my 3 other returns to get good flow...

On HIGH - all is well...just to be aware.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

9. Back To Top    #9

14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

10. Back To Top    #10

My 1.5 HP pump has alot of extra capacity for this. I barely open my valve or I get water flying everywhere.

It is superfast and fun!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
    My 1.5 HP pump has alot of extra capacity for this. I barely open my valve or I get water flying everywhere.

It is superfast and fun!
    Just curious...how many return lines do you have ? Plus isn't your 1.5 HP really uprated higher ??

12. Back To Top    #12

I have 2 other returns. All my runs are relatively short. My pump is up-rated if I recall correctly.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
    I have 2 other returns. All my runs are relatively short. My pump is up-rated if I recall correctly.
    Ok, makes total sense...