Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: had enough, time for a swg

1. Back To Top    #1

had enough, time for a swg

so was out testing my water and decided to check my cya (tf100) since I had not done it in a while. I was a pretty upset that the level was well over 100. I had just done a drain/fill maybe 1.5 years ago and had it around 60. Of course I have been using pucks and forgot how much they add. Needless to say I think I will be installing a SWG in next month if everything goes to plan. I have a 6 month old that loves to be in the water (bath time) and this will be his first summer in a pool. Can you recommend a swg with pros/cons if any for my size pool? I am pretty handy so will be installing it myself with help from your guys info I would like to stay under 1k
    How often do you have to add salt to the pool once its established? The pool use to have a swg when it was built but was completely broken when we bought the house 3 years ago and so I removed it
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: had enough, time for a swg

Which ever one you choose, we recommend getting one rated for at least twice the gallon size of your pool for longer life.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Which ever one you choose, we recommend getting one rated for at least twice the gallon size of your pool for longer life.
    yes that is the plan. Was thinking of going for 40k pool size one
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Iciee View Post
    How often do you have to add salt to the pool once its established?
    It depends on rainfall and splash-out. Since you are in Phoenix, rainfall probably won't be an issue. I usually have to throw in a bag at the beginning of each season. If we have heavy rain through the winter, maybe a bit more.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM