24x48 AGP Initial fill

Aug 11, 2010
Thank you all for everything you do to help out. I've been a long time lurker, and have had a few threads where I was helped previously on my Baquacil setup.

Flash foward to this year: A few of my bead receivers gave way and since the pool was about 12 years old I decided to replace all of the receivers and get a new liner. Then I convinced my SO to go with my plan to use the TFP method (we had been using Baquacil, inherited from previous owner). I ordered my TF100 test kit and as I wait my pool is completely full and I'm running my filter.

What I want to know is can I get started adding bleach/baking soda to the pool now in anticipation of receiving the kid (I can test for PH with the biguinide strips) and if I can start doing that how many gallons of bleach would I want to stop at?

24'x48" AGP round.

Thanks!

please disregard signature, haven't changed it yet.

Last edited:
One gallon of 8.25% bleach should initially put you in the 6 FC range. Add enough cya to bring it to 30. Poolmath at the top of the page is your friend. Hold off on anything else until you can test your fill water.

Thank you all for everything you do to help out. I've been a long time lurker, and have had a few threads where I was helped previously on my Baquacil setup.

Flash foward to this year: A few of my bead receivers gave way and since the pool was about 12 years old I decided to replace all of the receivers and get a new liner. Then I convinced my SO to go with my plan to use the TFP method (we had been using Baquacil, inherited from previous owner). I ordered my TF100 test kit and as I wait my pool is completely full and I'm running my filter.

What I want to know is can I get started adding bleach/baking soda to the pool now in anticipation of receiving the kid (I can test for PH with the biguinide strips) and if I can start doing that how many gallons of bleach would I want to stop at?

24'x48" AGP round.

Thanks!

please disregard signature, haven't changed it yet.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.