Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 24x48 AGP Initial fill

1. Back To Top    #1

24x48 AGP Initial fill

Thank you all for everything you do to help out. I've been a long time lurker, and have had a few threads where I was helped previously on my Baquacil setup.

Flash foward to this year: A few of my bead receivers gave way and since the pool was about 12 years old I decided to replace all of the receivers and get a new liner. Then I convinced my SO to go with my plan to use the TFP method (we had been using Baquacil, inherited from previous owner). I ordered my TF100 test kit and as I wait my pool is completely full and I'm running my filter.

What I want to know is can I get started adding bleach/baking soda to the pool now in anticipation of receiving the kid (I can test for PH with the biguinide strips) and if I can start doing that how many gallons of bleach would I want to stop at?

24'x48" AGP round.

Thanks!

please disregard signature, haven't changed it yet.
    Last edited by illwill; 05-12-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Sig
    pool size - 40kgal
    finish - Gunite
    pump size in horsepower and brand- Hayward EcoStar SVRS
    filter size - Hayward EC75
    type - DE
    additional equipment - Hayward CL220 Chlorinator
    Northeast- CT

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 24x48 AGP Initial fill

One gallon of 8.25% bleach should initially put you in the 6 FC range. Add enough cya to bring it to 30. Poolmath at the top of the page is your friend. Hold off on anything else until you can test your fill water.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Excellent, thank you very much.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Thank you all for everything you do to help out. I've been a long time lurker, and have had a few threads where I was helped previously on my Baquacil setup.

Flash foward to this year: A few of my bead receivers gave way and since the pool was about 12 years old I decided to replace all of the receivers and get a new liner. Then I convinced my SO to go with my plan to use the TFP method (we had been using Baquacil, inherited from previous owner). I ordered my TF100 test kit and as I wait my pool is completely full and I'm running my filter.

What I want to know is can I get started adding bleach/baking soda to the pool now in anticipation of receiving the kid (I can test for PH with the biguinide strips) and if I can start doing that how many gallons of bleach would I want to stop at?

24'x48" AGP round.

Thanks!

please disregard signature, haven't changed it yet.

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!