Pool Store test results different from mine ....

Apr 28, 2014
Lower NC
I had to get some sand and thought I would have them check the water. They show my CYA @ 68 and I get 50, they show my CC @ 3.64 and I get .75 - 1. Not sure if the difference is in their testing or mine, but I will keep up and SLAM as I am getting good results with the TFP method!

It's overwhelmingly more common that pool store results don't match home tests than that they do, and it's even common that pool store results don't match each other or themselves. Thread

However, since I see a pool frog chlorinator listed in your equipment, I'd be suspicious of both readings. I'd expect to see CYA much higher.

If you're using the TF100 or K2006 you need to trust your test results.

I have stopped feeding the frog, with the TFP method, I will keep slamming and watch as the water clears hourly!!!
It's overwhelmingly more common that pool store results don't match home tests than that they do, and it's even common that pool store results don't match each other or themselves. Thread

However, since I see a pool frog chlorinator listed in your equipment, I'd be suspicious of both readings. I'd expect to see CYA much higher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.