Aqualink RS and pool lights

May 12, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi,

It's my first post so bare with me. I had an Aqualink RS 6 Power Center with a Jandy PDA for a controller. The PDA quit working so I pulled the RS6 Power Center and replaced it with an RS8/iAqualink 900-RS combo. I figured it would be cool to control all pool functions with my iPad, and for the most part, it works perfectly. Here is the issue: I hooked everything up identically to how the RS6 was hooked up. In that configuration Aux 4 was the pool light and Aux 5 was the spa light. When I tried out the new power center for the first time, Aux 4 controlled the spa light and Aux 5 did nothing. Thinking I got the connections backward, I shut off the main power and switched the Aux 4 and 5 connections. I turned the power back on, and now neither of the lights work. When you press either button, I can hear both relays in the control box actuating, but nothing happens. I have plugged other equipment leads in to Aux 4 and 5 and they work, so it is not the power center board. I have not had the chance to do any advanced electrical testing with a multimeter, which is my next move. I have checked all related breakers in both the house and Aqualink RS box and everything looks ok. Can anyone please provide any insight as to what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.