Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck Jets

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck Jets

Just curious about the deck jets. PB states we have up until plumbing day to decide to add them and construction is supposed to start next week (fingers crossed!!). For $250 each it is the only water feature we could afford at this point (all extra money went to larger pool size).

Were thinking of adding 2-3 and trying to decide if worth it. Are they more for little kids or does everyone seem to like them? We have a teen and tween...

Are they a hassle to put on and off?

Thanks for any input!!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck Jets

We have four deck jets. Two single-stream jets that are on opposite sides from each other and two multi-stream jets that are both on the back side of the pool. We like them a lot. The kids, teens, love them. The single-stream jets land in the volleyball "court" and add a fun twist to games. The back-side jets are nice even when we're not in the pool. It is not a hassle at all to turn them on and off.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

3. Back To Top    #3

We have three of them pointed to the center of the deep end, which I think looks good. Initially my wife did not think they were worth the cost, but has since changed her mid. The kids love them of course.

As far as turning on and off, depends on how far you value is from the pool. Mine is under my deck, so I got the wireless unit for my panel, so I can turn them on and off from my phone or ipad.
    Steve ~16K IG Vinyl Pool, Hayward TriStar 1.5 hp, Hayward S244TE filter, Polaris 280 w/booster pump, Prologic PL-P-4, Hayward AquaConnect, 3 PAL LED lights, 3 Deck Jets, AquaComfort ACT 1100 heater and TF-100 Test Kit with SpeedStir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the feedback Mike_K! Good to know not just appreciated by the kids.
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

I have 4, 2 spaced equally on each long side. All 4 aimed at one center point in the pool. Kids love playing in it, I love hearing it. Even when no one is swimming I will run them just for the sound.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

6. Back To Top    #6

I put six in to have some noise and action if we wanted it. I didn't care for any of the cascade options we had with our simple rectangle design. We love them, easy on/off as the valve is wired to the pool cover key, can also be run manually at the pad. I'll see if i can find a pic.

J.
    In New Mexico 20'x36'/3.5' to 8.5'/32,000 gallon/IG gunite/plaster
    Pentair WFE-4 pump/Pentair CC420 cartridge filter/Raypak 266A heater
    2 Pentair Intellibrite LED's/6 Aqua arches
    Coverpools cover with hidden lid
    1,500 sq ft stamped concrete deck
    Polaris robot
    TF100

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks ssgumby and savagesix. Hadn't considered the plus of the noise factor and like that! Any pictures would be greatly appreciated!

8. Back To Top    #8

Took a few photos today.

These are the multi-stream jets at the back of the pool:

And these are the single-stream jets (still need to aim them a little better)

34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

9. Back To Top    #9

Ahh - gorgeous set up! Thanks for the pics. Just curious if any of you close your pool yourselves and how easy are they to blow out and close?

10. Back To Top    #10

I think it would be fun to have some in our pool but with a deck already poured on an IG pool, the cost would be outrageous. If you like them, $250 now is a pittance compared to what it would likely take to do later.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

11. Back To Top    #11

I couldn't find any pics of the jets on my computer, I will have to take some this weekend.

As far as closing, after I drain the skimmer and pump and open all the valves up I squirt some RV antifreeze back down the jets with a squeeze bottle. It has worked so far, in NM, with freezing temps, but my deck gets full sun all day everyday.

Here is a pic of my plumbing, on the left you can see the six flow control valves that I can adjust flow or turn off individual jets when the big valve before it is open and running the jets.

Polaris robot
    TF100

12. Back To Top    #12

Here's a quick pic of the jets on, they can be adjusted to enter the pool at different angles. The kids and the dogs love 'em. It is a great feature and I would not hesitate to get them again.

Polaris robot
    TF100

13. Back To Top    #13

$250 each sounds kinda steep. You can buy a package of 4 of them all over the internet for $250-350 depending on name brand. I paid $60 apiece for mine and the piping and valves for them was maybe another $60.