Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aqualink RS8 and Spa Over-flow

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aqualink RS8 and Spa Over-flow

Thank goodness for this site- my pool is better than ever. My final challenge is the Jandy Aqualink RS 8 where the spa overflow is set to always be on with the pool cleaner. Unfortunately this contributes to a ph rise challenge (we also have an infinity edge so too much aeration). I saw on another thread where if Aux 3 is open you can change DIP switch 3 to on and it will enable the automatic spa over-flow control. Currently I have a spa blower and a water feature attached to aux 3- is it as simple as just moving the power from the breakers and the power from the spa blower and water feature to Aux 7 or do I somehow need to "assign" those items? Currently Aux 7 is unused.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS8 and Spa Over-flow

To switch things over you must both move the power connections from relay 3 to relay 7, and setup aux 7 as the blower/water feature in the software. The software setup is fairly straightforward if you are at all familiar with the setup menus.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy Aqualink RS8 and Spa Over-flow

Thanks for the quick response. I figured everything out except how to assign 2 buttons to the 2 different pumps I moved to Aux 7? I can only figure out how to assign one- I'm sure I am missing something that is right in front of my face...