1st Timer - test results

Jun 24, 2013
Atl
Hey folks,

Ive been a long time user of the poolfrog and have seen the light and converted over to the TFPM. I ordered the TF-100 and got the following on my 1st test

FC - 8
CC - 0.5
CH - 125
TA - 30
CYA- 70
PH - 6.8 (maybe less)

24ft round above ground Vinyl liner , sand filter... That gets a TON of direct sunlight

I used the pool Calculator and added in half (about 50 oz by volume) of the recommended dosage of Baking Soda this evening and plan on retesting the TA and PH tomorrow.

I uncovered and filled the pool today. There was some debris settled at the bottom that I vacuumed out. Still some of it stirred up and more settled at the bottom as you can see in the pic

Am I on the right track?

Once my numbers are within range, How often do I need to test? Daily ? Every other Day?

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP!

You are doing fairly well.

The only high priority item is to get the PH up. Raise the PH with borax until it is at least 7.2. Don't make further adjustments to TA until PH is handled.

Normally you test chlorine and PH daily, everything else except CYA once a week, and CYA two or three times per season.

I never had a hard time with the frog. I adjusted the water when I opened the pool and it ran pretty smooth afterwards as long as I didn't let the bac pac run out. The price of those things went way out of what I was willing to pay to maintain the pool. I'll take $3 bleach jugs and doing my own test happily.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
resevuta.jpg

This is the most recent I have.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.