Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF-100 Test Results-please advise

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 Test Results-please advise

24 foot by 4 Round Vinyl at 90% capacity (12150 gallons)
    71 degree temp water
    8psi filter pressure

ph=7.2
    cl=5
    br=10
    tc=5
    cc=0
    fc=5
    ch=375
    ta=120
    cya=30

running pool math calculator it shows to add 20 mule team borax..have not added anything until I hear from you guys..please advise

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Test Results-please advise

To raise pH. all you need to do is aerate. Not that you really need to raise pH; 7.2 is acceptable.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Since it is early in the season, I would raise CYA up to 50. It will tend to drift down slowly through the season. By raising it now, you will have taken care of it for the whole season.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

How does your water look?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

crystal clear all the way to the bottom which for the first time in years (thanks to this site) you can see your feet and the bottom of the pool..now I/we were gone for 2 days with pool pump off and when we got home we cleaned it up as best we could (brushing, etc)..still have some leaves to removes (50mph wind and hail did not help last night) but we are getting real close but at least we could finally see the dirt on the bottom (thanks a ton guys)...i did add 1 more gallon of 12.3% shock even though high temps here starting tomorrow are going from highs near 90 degrees to the 60's

ps: panty hose "sock" filter in the skimmer is one fine idea..I robbed all her tights I could find (she was not happy) but that cheapo filter trapped a lot of the nasty pollen/leaf debris we had floating on top (pump filter basket stayed clean..yippee)..the "sock" does seem to work well

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Very nice. You are on top of your chemistry. Stay that way and have a TroubleFree swim season.!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Everything is looking good BUT your CH is bordering the high side so make sure no one puts any more Cal Hypo in the pool. I assume you added liquid chlorine when you said a gallon of shock but always best to confirm.

Also, when you get a chance, it's always a good idea to add your pool info in your signature so folks can better help. Sounds like you're in for an awesome swim season.
    36,000 gallon IG Gunite (40 x 20), 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Pentair Nautilus NS-48 DE filter, 2 skimmers, 12 - (2 x 20) Fafco Solar Panels (Goldline controller not hooked up yet), Hayward Swimpure Plus SWG, Blue Pearl Robot cleaner. New Dr. Wellness X-12 standalone Lifestyle Spa.

8. Back To Top    #8

liquid chlorine only (menards on sale stuff)..no powder junk

9. Back To Top    #9

Ignore the Br on the OTO tester. That is for bromine and you have a chlorine pool

You're in for a great summer with your pool!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

I will add 1 pound (measured on scale-placed in sock to slowly dissolve) of cya (buying the cheap stuff at kmart) later this week..i will run the gamut of tests next week or so as we are expecting highs in the 60's tomorrow (where did summer go?)...right now pool is crystal clear to the floor and all that is left is vacuuming the remaining..sock filter in skimmer is working great (whoever mentioned panty hose i say thank you)...personally i detest pools and swimming but I have to admit this have been fun and well the kid and her will have an enjoyable swim year...Tf100 worth the cost, sock filter while gimmicky works, speed stir worth every dime, aerator to follow soon..

11. Back To Top    #11

latest results
    water temp-64.1
    FC-6.5
    CH-325
    TA-120
    PH-7.5
    CYA-will wait a week then retest
    heavy rain here (3 inches) with chemistry affect minimal to zilch at best
    crystal clear to bottom-I may add 12 ounces of 12.5% liquid chlorine as right now with pollen/leaves I want to hang with FC near 7..results look terrific to me

12. Back To Top    #12

TF-100 Test Results-please advise

Everything looks good from here. Your CYA addition, did you shoot for 50 ? If you did target your FC 7-8 and don't let it fall below 4.
    Your correct about the rain having no effects on your chemistry. You would have to have A LOT of rain or runoff into your water to have an effect on your chemistry.
    If your having a lot of pollen try using the knee high over the skimmer basket. On high pollen days check it often as it will catch a lot of junk and can restrict flow to your pump. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks good! You seem to be getting the hang of it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

CYA right now is near 30 (I know very subjective test with the black dot)..id like to be around 35ish as summer we do get a lot of sunny days..right now it is cloudy and miserable for next week..I plan on adding 1 measured pound and do the test after a week..then adjust accordingly to get near 35ish (if CYA hits 40 I can be Ok with that)

ps: turned pump filter off and limited backwash from here on out llike its suppose to be (its happy at 10psi)

15. Back To Top    #15

Yes 40 would be a good place to be with your CYA. you'll get more protection from the sun then. Just adjust your FC level accordingly.
    I just thought you were going to 50 by the prior advice from Jason. Whatever the level you end up with make sure you give yourself some wiggle room with targeting FC so you don't fall below your min FC. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

16. Back To Top    #16

added 1 pound of CYA today (sock in skimmer method I measured about 30ish)....i am losing about 2ppm of chlorine per day..will add 42oz of chlorine tonight (2.5FC with 0.CC)..water is crystal clear to bottom but am fighting tree seeds, wind, T-storms (typical stuff)..pool store has made comments about what we are doing this year..I am no longer pool store screwed...thanks for all the advice/help-god speed

17. Back To Top    #17

Don't forget that CYA you added today will take up to week to fully register on test. 😎
    Jeff

18. Back To Top    #18

thanks..i will not re-test until next week..

19. Back To Top    #19

CYA is finally above 40 (42ish)
    cc=0
    fc=1
    water temp at 59.9 degrees..yeah global warming my butt

will add 61oz of 12.5% tonight..we have been hit here with a week of T-storms and I have not added any chlorine..water crystal clear to bottom after a thourogh cleaning (leaves from storms/etc)

20. Back To Top    #20

pool closed down..its way to cold to even swim..pump shut off...going to run pump some to circulate chlorine which I have not even added in last 5 days..pool never looked better,,still crystal clear throughout..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast