Too Many Handles and switches

May 4, 2014
Florida
I have moved into an older pool home here in FL.We are trying to figure this whole deal out.We have had a guy come to do the cleaning and he was supposed to explain how to do what, but he was also to mark the controls so that us newbies would understand how to use the pool and spa and make sure we don't burn up the pumps.I have uploaded 2 pictures, One is the entire setup and the second is the valves a bit closer. How do I use the spa I dont want to fry things and spend a mint , but I'd really love to get in my spa for mothers day...Thanks ~Princess~

Attachments

• Pumps 2a.jpg
    Pumps 2a.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to TFP!

To run the spa, I think you need to rotate the furthest right valve 90 degrees CW and the furthest left valve by 180 degrees.

Note that opposite the handle it says OFF. That shows you what pipe is off. As long as you do not turn the pipe going into the pump or out of the filter off, you will not hurt anything.

Edit, well actually I am not sure because I can not read what the pipes say. You may have to experiment.

Well if the labels are correct, it should be sucking only water from the spa and returning water only to the spa right now.

Care could be an in floor cleaner, do you have pop ups?

I would be very surprised if the labeling in the picture is correct. At a minimum it looks like spa and pool are switched in the labeling, though it is quite possible that it is more mixed up than that.

Assuming it is in pool mode in the picture, you turn the far left valve 180 degrees and the far right valve 90 degrees so the handle points to the right to switch to spa mode. If I am wrong, and it is in spa mode in the picture, you make the same changes just mentioned to get into pool mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.