Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ist pool opening with deck!

1. Back To Top    #1

Ist pool opening with deck!

Hi all! I love this site, it has helped me from the start. I opened my pool a couple of days ago and I have to say working from a deck is a lot easier. I ran my tests today 2 FC, .5 CC, TA 60, CH 40, CYA 30, PH 7.2. Starting with 2 lbs of stabilizer in a sock. 1 1/2 bottles of 6% bleach (96oz bottles) 58 oz of borax? Any feedback on my interpretation would be great.-Melinda
    Ps Thank you for the advice in closing the pool last fall.
    AG AquaLeader 21x43 Oval 54" deep. Hayward 2speed 2HP pump,Hayward 350,000 BTU NG Heater, Cartridge filter. Since August 2012. TFT 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ist pool opening with deck!

If your CYA is 30 why do you want to raise it higher? You don't really need to raise your pH as it will probably come up a little on its own over time, so you don't need the borax either. Just keep an eye on the pH and if it drops turn the return eye upward to aerate the water and raise the pH. Add you bleach as needed and you should be good to go!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It appears that they are seeking targets for TFPC recommended by PoolMath. Is that correct waterbugs57? If so a target is a target are we to be happy with hitting the outer ring of archery target or hitting the bulls eye.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

4. Back To Top    #4

waterbugs57, how much sun does your pool receive during the day ? If it gets a good amount of sun taking you CYA level to 40 will put you at the middle of the CYA range. You'll lose less FC to burn off from the sun. I get a good 10 hrs of sun on my pool and my CYA level is 40. I feel that's a good spot for me. I lose anywhere between 2-3.5 ppm a day depending on bather load for that day.
    Don't sweat that PH of 7.2. It's in an acceptable range. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all! Stump, this is still pretty new for me and I get your message, I don't want to get obsessed. pwrstrk, my pool gets sun all day, so I was shooting for a mid range and I tend to forget that aeration will raise my PH so thanks for that zea3.
    AG AquaLeader 21x43 Oval 54" deep. Hayward 2speed 2HP pump,Hayward 350,000 BTU NG Heater, Cartridge filter. Since August 2012. TFT 100 test kit