SWG newby questions

lee872

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2012
Central Massachusetts
I turned my SWG on yesterday for the first time this year. I had it installed at the end of last summer, so I'm not sure what to expect. Lights look good, only one is lit, "generating". A couple of questions:
  • When I first ran through the diagnostic displays, it all looked good. At that time the average salt was 3300 and the instant read was -3300. When I ran through the diagnostics a few hours later, the cell circuit was 0 and the instant read was -0. I unplugged the cell from the board, and plugged it back in. I immediately got a circuit read and an instant read. A few hours later, same thing, and again today -- it started this morning with circuit and instant reads, then went to 0 a few hours later. I unplugged and replugged and got readings. It's back to 0, and I am running it that way until I see what you all have to say. Am I really having trouble getting the plug in tight, or is something wrong?
  • Average salt level started at 3300, is now at 3700. My strip AquaTest strip test shows 2840. My optimum level per manual is 3200, so I aim for 3400 - 3600. Does the high read matter?
FC 7.5 (compensating for adding water due to leak, and I over shot)
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 190
CYA 50
Water temp is about 64 -- SWG read is 66

It reads zero when not generating. The % setting is the amount of time it is generating. It cycles on and off.

As long as the SWG is happy with the salt reading, then no problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.