Aqua Pure or Swim Pure with AquaLink Controls

CMB59

May 10, 2014
Maricopa, AZ
Hi All, I'm new to the board but have been using info from this forum to learn about our pool. I'd like to know your opinions on which salt system to purchase but first some basis/background for the decision process. We bought a retirement home in Arizona but we are not yet retired, that's about 5 years away. Consequently we are not here full time and our neighbour watches over our place while we are gone. Our pool system has the Jandy AquaLink RS control system. When we first got the house the pool was fitted with an old salt system that was non-functional. I pulled it out and installed a Compupool. That think was a headache from the get-go and after the recent fiasco where the connectors on the cell shorted out and melted I'm giving up on it. Compupool sent me a rebuilt piece of junk but I'm going to install it because I don't trust it.

So, my question is, with the Aqualink controls am I better off to install the Aqua Pure so I can control it remotely over the internet or should I go with the Hayward Swim Pure which is better supported in my area and appears to have better reliability? Is there any real advantage to being able to control it remotely or is it just my misconception? Should I just e-mail my neighbour and tell him to turn the little black knob up on the Swim Pure?

Thanks for your help and all the great info I've already learned from this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.