Intex AGP with saltwater system--New pool...

Aug 12, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am about to level off and set up a 15' x 48" Intex AGP metal frame, and have also just purchased an INtex saltwater system for it. I understand the mechanical requirements for the system and pumps, as well as the initial prep work (level ground,ect). This is our first AGP and I have decided to go with the saltwater system right from the start. My understanding is bags of salt added to the filled pool, and then plug the units in a go. I have also read (somewhere) that I may need to shock the pool occasionally? Going with a saltwater system seems to "easy to be true". Just making sure I am not missing anything.
(This will be a seasonal pool, taken down in the fall.)

Thanks for any additional info or links!

Jeff

Welcome to TFP!

At TFP, we follow a method we call Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC), which relies on knowledge of pool water conditions. We only recommend shocking the pool when there is a problem such as algae or an incident where some kind of contaminant gets in the water, not as a matter of routine.

By knowing and maintaining your water chemistry all the time, problems rarely have a chance to start, which we believe is a better choice than just routinely blasting the pool with chlorine in case there is a problem.

Check out Pool School in the upper right for more information.

Welcome to TFP!

You still need to balance various chemical levels, especially initially, but also on an ongoing basis, just not as frequently with a salt water generator (SWG).

You also want to give the salt 24 hours to fully mix in before turning on the SWG.

Yep, dump the salt in, stir it around, and run your pump for 24 hours. Then, test your salt level per the manual. If your level is correct, start your SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.