New pool...new owner

Feb 13, 2014
NE Houston
Hi y'all,
Brand new and looking for some help, so when my pool is done next week I can be prepared to get a jump on it. Wondering how an in-line chlorinator affects the tfpc method as far as adding chlorine via tablets as opposed to bleach.
Thank you in advance for any help.

P. S. Will also have pics when it's done!!!

Welcome tex! While you will certainly enjoy the in-line, it is not recommended to use it on a daily basis as the use of pucks will send your CYA up, up and away! We here at TFP manually dose our pools with unscented bleach daily. :goodjob: You will benefit greatly by sitting down with your favorite beverage and diving into Pool School and reading all of the articles and then reading it again and again and again asd each time you read it, it becomes clearer and you start saying... This is so simple! :mrgreen: And... before I let you off the hook here... you need, need, need your own test kit! We recommend the TF100 because you get more solution/regents than the K2006. Any questions... just ask!!! :D

As Casey mentioned, using pucks will drive up the CYA and are not recommended for daily use; however, they can be useful for vacations and new builds! :smile: They are wonderful at slowly adding chlorine and CYA. They are also acidic and will help keep the pH down. You would need to keep track of how many you use so that you will know when to stop once the CYA is in range.

You will be prepared to 'get a jump on it' by reading Pool School and ordering one of the recommended test kits. I also recommend that you get the Speed Stir. Measuring CH, especially, will make you love that purchase!

We'd love to see some pics of your pool!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.