Re: Jandy LXi heater has no power...

Garik2

May 10, 2014
South NJ

Couldn’t find the way to create my own post so replying to this one as it has similar problem.

I need help with my Jandy LXi Pool Heater troubleshooting. I have it for 3 years and it worked fine until in the end of last summer it suddenly stopped lighting up. No power whatsoever. I followed directions in the manual and quickly found that there is no power passed Power Circuit Board. There were burn marks on the board, so it was clearly burned. I measured the voltage incoming to the board it showed me about 260V that is within the range (204-264V). I bought a new board and installed it just now. As soon as I tuned on the power the new board burned down.

Can someone advise on what to do next? There is probably a shortage somewhere, but how would I find it? The troubleshooting instructions in the manual are for finding power loss, but do not help finding shortage.
Thanks for help.

So is the fuse on the board not blowing? You should have only 24V going to the board as the transformer steps down the 240 to 24V.

Thanks, Paul, for your response and sorry for the confusion. The board that burned out is the very first one - Power Distribution Board (also called in the manual as power supply circuit board). Please see this "LXi Troubleshooting Guide - Serial Number G11LB0001 or newer", page 6): http://www.victormfg.com/_build/docs/prodguides/JandyPoolHeaterTroubleshootingGuides.pdf

The fuse is further down after transformer and it is fine. My guess is that shortage is somewhere right after PDB either in Transformer or in Blower. Visual inspection did not show anything. Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks, Paul, for your response and sorry for the confusion. The board that burned out is the very first one - Power Distribution Board (also called in the manual as power supply circuit board). Please see this "LXi Troubleshooting Guide - Serial Number G11LB0001 or newer", page 6): http://www.victormfg.com/_build/docs/prodguides/JandyPoolHeaterTroubleshootingGuides.pdf

The fuse is further down after transformer and it is fine. My guess is that shortage is somewhere right after PDB either in Transformer or in Blower. Visual inspection did not show anything. Looking forward to your advice.

Has this issue ever been resolved? I also have a burnt Power Distribution Board on a 240 V Jandy LXi 400P Heater. (I did not have the correct voltage between the Black (E) and Blue (F) wires.) I would hate to replace the board, only to have it burn out again due to a short somewhere. Thanks.

I took the 240/24 vac transformer out today, and checked it. When I put 240 vac across the black and blue wires, there was a brief flash, and no 24 vac on the secondary leads. I am assuming, at this time, that there is a short on the 240 v size of the transformer, which caused the Power Distribution Board to burn out. See photo, where the strip on the Board to the blue wire (lead to the transformer) has burnt.IMG_1234 - Copy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yes, thanks Pmclaughlin. I also replaced the transformer and Power Dist Board last week, and I have heat as well. Jandy thinks I probably had a power surge ( like lightning) that caused the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.