Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Second pool fill up

1. Back To Top    #1

Second pool fill up

We filled our pool about 4 weeks ago and it had some type of sediment that kept returning to the bottom of the pool. Vacuumed with extra filters-went right through. But we kept at it and it looked like we almost had it all up, so we figured we would drain it to 1/4 left to make sure it was out. We could see the bottom clearly and no trash or sediment. So started refilling and within an hour there it is again. All over. What is this stuff, is it in our pipes or something?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Second pool fill up

Not sure what your filter setup is, but when I get stuff that my sand filter won't catch, I throw a nylon over the basket (panty hose, knee high, etc). This does the trick for me everytime
    5K Round Vinyl/Hayward 1.5hp/Hayward sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Second pool fill up

Welcome to TFP boarash !
    Could you give us more info on your pool and equipment ? Also add that info to your sig then we don't have to ask again and that will help us better help you.
    If you haven't, spend sometime reading in Pool School. Lots of good info there.
    If you don't have one I highly recommend getting yourself a good test kit. The ones we recommend are listed in Pool School. I use the TF-100. It's the best value. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Agree 100% with pwrstk on all accts. We are right in the middle of Spring yet and pollen is everywhere and could be what you are seeing. I had my solar cover on for the last 2 days and I have pollen in my pool, on the surface and some stuff on the bottom. A nylon stocking helps a lot!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    What is this stuff
    Your description makes it sound like dead algae. Giving us a complete set of test results is the first step and we'll help you get the pool crystal clear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School