Advice on cleaning hair from canine hydrotherapy pool

May 10, 2014
Taunton
Hi - hope I can get some ideas for reducing the cleaning in our hydrotherapy pool.

We have an 6m x 3m above ground pool which we use for canine hydrotherapy. As you would guess we get a lot of hair in the pool every day.

The skimmer net does a good job but there is always a lot of hair floating round on the surface and settling on the bottom of the pool overnight.

I am trying to find a system that will reduce the amount of cleaning each morning!

At one end of the pool is a stainless steel resting platform on legs which is a bit like a 50cm high table. Would this tangle up a automated pool cleaner?

Cheers

Mike

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have any pics of the pool? Can you tell us about your pump and filter and add it to your signature please? I would imagine that an auto vac could get tangled up in the legs of the platform. How are you vacuuming now?

The cheapest option I can think of is likely going to be a Kreepy Krauly style suction side cleaner. As to the tangle potential, that is anyones guess, and may depend on the individual cleaner, before I made the switch to robot cleaners I owned several different models of suction side cleaners over the years, some expensive ones would constantly get wedged in a corner by the ladder, and some cheap ones might never get caught (but did tend to fall apart in short order)

On a 20' x 10' pool which I assume is not very deep, I think a robot might be more trouble than it's worth.

My guess is that area can be manually vacuumed in 10 minutes or less which would hardly justify putting the robot in the water.

Because the hair is so light it only just settles on the bottom overnight. The pool vac then mixes it up and pushes it ahead it takes 30 min minimum to hoover to pool every day. That's just to get the settled hair off the bottom, we also have to daily net the surface for floating hair and clean the filters. It's not a problem as it part of the job I am just looking for ideas to save time and some way to automatically clean the bottom of the pool would be a big help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.