Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 - flow good, but stuck at low salt/2050 per ET4

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 - flow good, but stuck at low salt/2050 per ET4

Getting the pool around and of course my salt was low from over the winter. IC40 said it was 2050, got the same result from my aquachek strips. No problem, get some salt, add it in and aquachek says I'm right around 3000 now, which is right on because that's exactly how much salt I added and planned to get to. However, the IC40 (v2.01, only 2 seasons of use in it)still shows low salt and ET4 is reading is at 2050 still. No change at all!

Power and flow are green. The cell light is off because it's turned off obviously(?) due to low salt.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I've never had to wait very long for the IC40 salt readings to change and it's been hours now with no difference.

Thanks in advance cause you guys collectively rock!
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 - flow good, but stuck at low salt/2050 per ET4

You should give it 24 hours with the pump running for the salt to fully mix into the pool and show up on the readout.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: IC40 - flow good, but stuck at low salt/2050 per ET4

Didn't need 24 hours but a lot more than it has before. All functioning normal now...

Thanks for the patience reminder!

The quest for perfect water can now recommence.
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4