Intex, Pavers, Foam board?

Apr 18, 2014
Los Angeles USA
Hi from sunny Southern California. My husband and I, and our gardener, are in the process of preparing and leveling ground for our 16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame ABG. I read previous posts about putting the legs on pavers that are sunk level into the ground - and I saw some mention of foam board. How is the foam board used? Since the pool legs will be on top of concrete pavers, a tarp and a gorilla Pad, is there any easy way to put the pavers in the ground prior to bringing out the pool?

The foam board is used between the ground and your gorilla pad, instead of sand. If you use it, make sure you tape the seams well with gorilla tape.

The way most of us do with the pavers is dig a small depression where each of them go, and make sure they are level with the top of whatever ground cover you are using. Hint: assemble the top ring without the liner or posts, and set the pavers so the inside edge is about an inch inside the leg point.

Richard320 - it happens that I'm right next door to Burbank. I gather the foam board gives the bottom a softer feel. Is the foam board relatively inexpensive? You say I should get the pink or blue board?
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Charlie_R - Does the foam board sit on top of the pavers. with the pool feet on top of it?

Thanks.

Hi Mandolina, I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my intex AGP. My understanding is that the goal is to get the legs to sit on the same level as the liner bottom. The way I am planning to accomplish this is to put foam board on level ground and cut out a hole for each of the pavers. I am then using a tarp to go over that.

Hope this helps.

Richard320 - it happens that I'm right next door to Burbank. I gather the foam board gives the bottom a softer feel. Is the foam board relatively inexpensive? You say I should get the pink or blue board?
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Charlie_R - Does the foam board sit on top of the pavers. with the pool feet on top of it?

Thanks.
I've never used the stuff for a pool. I just know that model railroaders can't find the stuff here. Other parts of the country, walk into any Lowes or Home Depot and they have it, but not around here. Pink vs blue is just two different brands. It's the white beadboard (which you can find at Lowes or Home Depot) that disintegrates into little pellets.

Hi Mandolina, I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my intex AGP. My understanding is that the goal is to get the legs to sit on the same level as the liner bottom. The way I am planning to accomplish this is to put foam board on level ground and cut out a hole for each of the pavers. I am then using a tarp to go over that.

Hope this helps.
Great idea! My husband and I purchased two Gorilla Pads, which we used over the blue tarp. We cut the holes out over the pavers and the pool's feet rest on the pavers. Between the two of us, we managed to remove all wrinkles with just an inch or so of water in the bottom of the pool. Nice and smooth and and level, now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.