Polaris 380 going in circles

vapool

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
We've tried all the troubleshooting tips, and while all wheels move when one is turned, the front wheel moves with a little hitch, not smoothly. I suspect this is the issue, but does it indicate a drive belt that needs to be replaced or is it the actual wheel or wheel assembly?

Update -- took it to the pool store, they looked inside and everything was ok. Did find a little piece broken off the housing, so we replaced housing and it's better -- at least it's not falling over on its side -- but it's still going in circles. Hose is floating, not sinking, and all floats appear equally spaced. When we pull hose partly out of water (including backup valve), it does go straight. We had already replaced backup valve a few weeks ago, so that shouldn't be it (plus backup valve wouldn't affect straightness, would it?). Net is empty and brand new. Any ideas?!?!

Update #2 -- after DH left the house, I took another look at the hose and assembly. Something just didn't look right. Came inside, pulled up a YouTube, and realized that when DH replaced the backup valve a couple of weeks ago, he put it on backwards! Only thing that saved a modicum of his dignity was that the pool guy didn't notice it either. Working like a champ now!

Ha! I can just picture it now. Instead of flowing backwards the Polaris is being pushed forward by the backup valve, like trying to push a dog with a stiff leash. Or maybe a deflating balloon jetting in circles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.