Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acid Wash: Before and After

1. Back To Top    #1

Acid Wash: Before and After

I don't really know where to put this since we don't have a "pool restorations" section...

This post is long overdue but I've finally remembered to post and had the time to collect all the pictures! This acid wash was completed two weeks ago and took about a day to drain and clean then 48 hours with the garden hose to fill back up. I've since gotten the chemical levels perfect, however I am collecting a lot of "dust" that's left over from the newly emerged plaster. I'm having to backwash about every two days but that is a small (temporary) price to pay!

I used 21 gallons of acid and several boxes of Washing Soda to neutralize it. I found the pump sprayer method of 50-50 water and acid was far too weak and ended up using a watering can and 100% acid to have any real effect. You'll notice, in the gallery of pictures, an up-close shot of the staining. I don't know what was allowed to happen to this pool but in another situation it could actually have been a kind of neat stained concrete effect.

Anyway, the pictures!

Before:

After:

Full album of progress here:
    http://imgur.com/a/9kvvQ
    22,000 gallon in-ground kidney-ish shape: 1 HP pump and Triton TR60 sand filter. NEW: Dolphin Nautilus robot! :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Acid Wash: Before and After

good dog

edit: pool looks good too
    ~26k ~16'x40' in-ground vinyl (the big green monster) - Hayward MaxFlo II 1HP pump - Jacuzzi sand filter
    Polaris 280 w/ booster pump - TF-100 + Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks great!

Is your Lab like mine? Hard to keep out of the pool during the summer?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    Looks great!

Is your Lab like mine? Hard to keep out of the pool during the summer?
    Sadly, no...

She hates the water. She's part husky which, from what I've read, tend to be that way. This is the first time she will have been around a pool though so hopefully I can get her to like it!
    22,000 gallon in-ground kidney-ish shape: 1 HP pump and Triton TR60 sand filter. NEW: Dolphin Nautilus robot! :)

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice looking dog and pool.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    Oh I really hope to get her to that point!

Reminds me of my aunt's chocolate lab when I was a kid. She loved to swim with us.

8. Back To Top    #8

Omg Charlie!!! That's great!!!

Chjade... the pool looks great!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter