Pebble Sheen Replaster Complete Chip Out or Not

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
The PB company just started my re-plaster job going from old white plaster to pebble sheen. They are doing a complete chip out in our spa which the old plaster had been chipping off. The subcontractor that is prepping the pool indicated that the main pool doesn't need to be completely chipped out just around the fixtures. The surface in the main pool was still pretty good just started to get discoloration. I thought they would chip out the whole pool so I am concerned at this point. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Short of an onsite visit, I doubt anyone here can have a more accurate opinion than the guy doing the work.

If you are uncomfortable with what he is saying, talk to him until you get a better understanding.

I'm going through this now. I've received about 7 estimates here in southern California with most calling for a complete chip out and a couple calling for either a "hydro blast" or chipping just at the tile line and around lights and using a "bonding product". Those that were not doing a full chip out said they would check "various" areas of the pool for delamination and go from there. I asked, since they were not checking every inch of the pool how would they know if they left behind an area that could cause concern. They said they were fairly confident they would get it right. That wasn't good enough for me. Especially when I factored in that their cost for demo was the same. I know what I'm getting with a full chip out.

Please post pics of the new plaster upon completion! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.