Big trouble - concrete tear up?

wgj10

May 10, 2014
New Jersey
Pool Builder just finished shooting the concrete today (Friday) in our new build inground pool.
Question, I know this sounds nuts, but if we wanted to redo a fairly large portion (most of the shallow end) and make it deeper, is that possible at this stage? If we could get the contractor to do it, and if we could pay the cost, is it even feasible? Would it ruin the structural integrity of the entire pool?

Yes, we are discussing with PB as well, but any help here from other experts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP. I'm going to assume that anything is possible and it could be done but what a mess to get thus far and have such a change of plans. You're talking busting concrete out, removing rebar, digging deeper, laying new rebar and finishing again, with I believe it's called a cold joint... That's a lot of work. :shock: May I ask why such a big change?

Hope you enjoy the site. I'm sure others will be along to give better opinions than mine. :D

My husband was teasing our pool builder after the rebar went in, saying, "Hmm, can we move the whole thing a few feet to the right?" and the pool builder said no kidding...some people ask for HUGE changes once excavation, rebar, and even concrete are complete.

Sure, it can be done...but will probably double the cost, since you're essentially going to have to do it all over again!

Did you discuss this at the beginning or did you decide one night after all was done?

I hope that whatever you and PB decide, that you get what you want in the end without any major problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.