Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just opened the pool and. . .

1. Back To Top    #1

Philadelphia, PA

Just opened the pool and. . .

I've had it physically open a few times as we have an auto cover. Water is crystal clear, few leaves here and there and I've gone over it with the skimmer.

Tonight I officially opened (My first time) and all is well. Did a full battery of tests after letting the pump run for about an hour. Beyond thrilled with the results!

FC - 7.5
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.5
    TA - 80
    CH - 220
    CYA - 70

Water is about 60 degrees; I let it warm up to ambient for a bit for CYA. These numbers are EXACTLY what I closed the pool at, with the exception of FC being 15 in October.

So I guess this means it's time to swim!

My only question - I assume this means I don't need to shock since FC survived the winter and all looks healthy, right?
    Leisure Pools Riv 30, 8500 gal, IG fiberglass, 200 sqft cart filter (Clean & Clear 200), Intelliflo 3HP variable speed pump, Aqua Rite SWG, auto cover, installed 5/2013
    Aquacal Superquiet 110, installed 6/2014
    TFT 100

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Just opened the pool and. . .

No SLAM needed. The water is clear, the CC is below .5, and I'll wager large sums of money that you won't lose anything overnight if you only lost 7.5 in 6 months. You passed.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

If the water is clear and your FC is in range for your CYA then you are good to go!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

Now use all your saved money to become a supporting member
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Congratulations TroubleFreePat! I didn't have to SLAM either!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter