Hello, i just started my pool after winterizing.
the water was clear but there was green algae on the bottom he'res what i did (after plugging back the pump/filter):
The water was about half the normal level at start.
There is green algae in the bottom but the water itself is clear.
The pool is 20 000 liters
The new water come from the municipal pipes (wich already contain chlorine)
- I removed the leaves at the bottom while filling the missing water with something like this: This
- I removed the floating leaves and debris with a net
- I started brushing the pool as from waht i understand, to have clorine kill algae, it have to be dislodged first
- After brushing about half the pool i coulnt see the bottom anymore so i kept brushing guessing what i was doing until (i guess) it was 100% brushed
- I waited for water to be high enough in the skimmer to start the pump and filter
The shock treatment label say that to shock the pool i need to put 150g of 70% chlore per 10 000 liters of water.
To kill algae i have to use 350g per 10 000 liters but there's a note that say this may cause stain/bleaching of the pool.
Here's my questions:
I used the normal shock dose (300g) as i'm affraid or ruining my pool. should this be enough or will the algae come back ?
If its not enough do I risk breeding algae that resist chlorine? (like when people dont take their antibiotic prescription till the end)
Should I add more right now or wait and see?
I did shock my water before having my water tested because i tough i had to fight algae first and that I'll care about ph and other things later. was this the correct order? I tough i'd at least make my water blue or turquoise before i start worrying about everything else.
Here's what the pool look like after 20h of running :
I still cant see the bottom but at least the color got from opaque green to opaque blue