Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Pool Cleaner Hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Pool Cleaner Hose

I have a Polaris pool cleaner which uses a corrugated white hose for the water inlet. This hose only seems to last about a year before getting brittle and cracking which causes leakage. I was wondering if anyone has come across an alternative hose which has a longer life. It is really frustrating to pay $7 per ft. for a hose that does not last.
    Any comments?
    16,400 gallon
    Cartridge Filter
    IG
    Plaster
    Intelli-Flo @ 2000rpm

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris Pool Cleaner Hose

I haven't had that issue with the feed hose getting brittle so I can't comment on that. However, if you're paying $70 for the 10 ft hose you're overpaying. Amazon has 10 ft of the D-45 feed hose for $25.

I have had issues with the tail hose getting small holes and needing to be replaced.
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

My Polaris 280 can with a very flexible poly hose of some sort. Any reason why you couldn't switch hose types?
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jww9618 View Post
    I have had issues with the tail hose getting small holes and needing to be replaced.
    I just replaced my 280 tail sweep for the same reason. The tail weights had been rubbing the plaster in the same place for 2+ years until they wore flat, then rubbed a hole in the tail hose. The instructions that came with the replacement recommend twisting the weights and wear rings periodically so that they wear more evenly. Never heard that before, but it makes some sense.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rterickson View Post
    I just replaced my 280 tail sweep for the same reason. The tail weights had been rubbing the plaster in the same place for 2+ years until they wore flat, then rubbed a hole in the tail hose. The instructions that came with the replacement recommend twisting the weights and wear rings periodically so that they wear more evenly. Never heard that before, but it makes some sense.
    I had the same issue in the fall. I just noticed a hole in the 6 month old hose yesterday and all the tail weights are still round. No clue how I got this hole.
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I too am looking for an alternative. LPS has them for $25 for a 6 ft section. Also found on Amazon at $21 (Prime item). Either way it's a rip off.
    12K gal, AG Plaster, Jandy CV460 Filter 460 SqFt 150 GPM, Jandy Stealth 1.0 HP 2 speed pump, Polaris 360 sweep, 2008 install (2nd owner)