Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I had someone connect a new pump and I had thought they had verified everything else was food to go.

1. I noticed water was leaking from bottom of sand filter, but I found a screw on cap, I didn't use any Teflon tape, just screwed it on and that worked.

2. I saw the filter water screen bottle was there and I screwed it in, no Teflon.

3. I plugged in the filter pressure Guage with teflon tape.

4. What I think is remaining is the skimmer has two plugs in it, one white one which I'm pretty sure always stays plugged, can someone confirm this and why would it always stay plugged?

The other hole has a black plug with teflon tape so it must have been when they winterized, so I'm sure I should remove it, can it be done by hand? Do I need a tool?

5. I also found these 2 screws and I have no idea what they are for, in assuming for something on the filter buy I don't know what.

Attached pictures, thanks!

Do you have a floor drain? If so is it plumbed to the pump?
If no floor drain or it is plumbed to the pump, then likely the white plug does stay in the skimmer and you only remove the black one.

The screws look like the drain plugs for the bottom of your pump.

Do you have a floor drain? If so is it plumbed to the pump?
If no floor drain or it is plumbed to the pump, then likely the white plug does stay in the skimmer and you only remove the black one.

The screws look like the drain plugs for the bottom of your pump.

The pool has two bottom drains (regulation), I believe it is plumbed to the pump because I can open and close my bottom drain when vacuuming by opening or closing a valve.

It is the valve parallel to my skimmer valve and both of those connect to one pipe feeding in to my pump.

I attached the picture, does that mean I leave it?

How do I remove the black one? Should I be able to do it by hand?

IF the drain runs to the pump, then likely one of the holes in the skimmer should stay plugged. I can not tell what the black one looks like to suggest how to remove it. Obviously it needs to be unscrewed, just not sure with what.

BTW, you are going to run out of picture space soon, so check out: How To Post Pictures

Thanks for the help, I was able to remove it with a wrench (the black one) and I left the white one in place.

I noticed some of the seal around the white one was coming off, after closing it I guess they sealed it with a silicone. What's the harm if water is able to get in there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.