Question about putting up new pool

Mar 27, 2014
NC
Hello all, I'm hoping to be able to put up my pool in the next couple of days and I have a question about the pavers. I have the Intex 22 x 52. What I have done so far is rough level the area with a skid steer and I have put screenings on top of that. Once I get the screenings compacted and level, I am going to put down the pink foam from HD and triple tape the seems. My question is regarding the pavers for under the posts. I have seen a few threads that mention them but I guess I'm still a bit confused. My current plan is to cut holes in the foam for each of the pavers so they are level with the liner bottom. Next, I will put down a tarp followed by the pool. Is that the way most folks that use foam do it? Whats the best way to get the placement of the pavers correct? Assemble the frame and mark it that way? Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Jeff

I think you are right in that the pavers should be at the same level as the foam. As far as placement, I think there are schematics with dimensions for log locations ... or just put the frame together.

BTW, I would not recommend the use of duct tape as people seem to often use ... it is not water proof. I think a great tape to use would be some of the weatherproofing tape like for Tyvek ... Lowes actually has their own brand (with logos all over it) that is cheaper and I used it on my water barrier under some wood floor ... It is very thin and very sticky.

Thanks Jason, I'll see if I can find a schematic. I haven't opened the box yet so there may be something in the manual about it. Also, thanks for the heads up on the tape. I'm planning to try and leave the pool up for the year so that will be a better option for me.

Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.