Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding Borates!

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding Borates!

I am going to try Borates in the pool this year!! Just FYI I ordered 50 lbs from dudadiesel for $89.90 free shipping. That was cheaper than even going the borax and acid method and from what I understand I just pour it in the pool?? Any advise is welcome!!!
    23k gal IG Vinyl Liner
    Sand Filter Pentair Pump VS
    Electric Heat Ft Wayne Indiana
    Built 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Adding Borates!

Yep, just scatter it around the surface of the water, and run the pump for at least the next hour. The PH will go down just a little, not usually enough to matter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Adding Borates!

I'd add about 3/4 of what you think you'll need then wait a day, measure, top off.
    I couldn't be happier with adding using boric acid from Duda...
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida