I want a trouble free pool not sure which one to get

May 9, 2014
Lakeland, Fl
What is better an Eco-Salt Salt Water Chlorine Generator or a saltwater system? While I was looking at the salt water system I ran across the eco-salt water generator. Now I am really confused I don't know which one is better and cheaper to maintain. Help please.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure what you mean. There are many different manufacturers that make saltwater systems that are fine. Why do you think the Eco-salt is different than others?

Please add your pool details to your signature and more useful location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thank you I have added my signature. I hope. lol
I meant to write ecosmarte vs saltwater. I just looked at so many saltwater systems and while looking I ran across the ecosmart. Here is there website. http://www.ecosmartepool.com/ I have sent away for a brochure. As far as a saltwater system what would be a good system? My pool place suggested: Hayward Swimpure and T-Cell 9 Swimpure Controller & T-CELL 9 (25K Gal). I do not know a lot about the saltwater systems but would like to make the right choice. Thank you

20k, IG, Pebble sheen, Cartridge 1200, Hayward Flomax 1 1/2 pump, polaris caretaker, 2001

Oh. Avoid the ecosmart. If I remember it is a mineral system and they are just bad news. Search the forum for more info.

Hayward is good, but you should get the larger t15 cell. We recommend a cell that is 2-3 times the size of your pool.

I would also say avoid eco smarte, it looks they may offer an ozone system and they prey on peoples irrational fear of chlorine, one can probably find even more dangers of ozone quotes than the ones they publish on chlorine, it is all in the spin and half truths.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.