CompuPool Warranty

I purchased the CompuPool CPSC24-AG in April 2013. It ran fine until June and the display went out. After a couple weeks, CompuPool sent a new board and I was back up and running. This lasted about a week and then it stopped working all together. A couple weeks later and CompuPool sent me a new (rebuilt) control unit. Again, about a week later this unit died as well. They then sent me a replacement unit and cell. By this time, it was time to shut down the pool so I didn't install the unit until the beginning of February. This only lasted about a day and the wires at the cell melted together and there was no display. Again...Compupool sent me another control unit and cell. A couple days later melted wires, melted the plastic cap of the cell and no display the control unit.

Jason at Compupool agreed to change out my CPSC with a new CPX at the end of February. I have been waiting for my replacement ever since. I email weekly asking for updates and keep getting it's on its way, or wasn't on the truck, or got one but was defective...

Has anyone had issues like this and been upgraded to the CPX? And if so, have you received your new CPX?

My PB installed a Compupool SWG, and I have hated it ever since. Mine is 4 years old and I am thinking the cell needs to be replaced. I've been told that 4-5 yrs is life span of cell. Anyway, 2 years ago I had to replace my board and it never really worked very well. It would show low salt when I knew the salt was fine, and I got water faults all the time. And I have seen it before reading no water before when I could clearly see water in the cell. Stay on them until they give you what you are wanting.

I am currently in a similar situation. Spoke with Jason, awaiting an CPX unit.
I am local to them, and have offered to stop in to pick the unit up. They did get a shipment back in Nov/Dec time frame. Didn't pick it up then. The units were to be in in April but none arrived. Received a email from Jason that they are still awaiting the current shipment.

My 3rd unit (2 replacements) is having issues. When it works it works well, when it has an issue, well it's another story. They've offered to replace with a CPSC, I'm holding out for the CPX series.

My unit runs year round.

Jason from CompuPool said since I had so many CPSC's (Original unit plus 4 replacements), they would not send me another one, only upgrade me to CPX. Which is fine, but having to put bleach in every day since February is getting expensive not to mention having to pack all those containers. I'm going on vacation at the end of May and asked if they could send something until the CPX comes in and they said they don't have anything that will work for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.