Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with online pool kit!

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with online pool kit!

We have been looking at inground kits online to save some money. The problem is we don't know much about pools! Please help with suggestions on companies and which add on features you recommend! Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with online pool kit!

Welcome to TFP!!!!!

A couple of suggestions. First why don't you tell us what kits and or designs you like and then we can be more helpful. Also what are we talking about in a pool. Small, large, sport pool? Do you have construction experience? What is you budget? Once we know more about what you want and who you are we can be more helpful.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! We were looking at pool warehouse website. Thinking around 20 by 40 in size maybe a little smaller. Not sure of the shape yet. I'm assuming a rectangle will be easier to install but I personally like different shapes. We would like a deep end but Waiting to c what time I can get him, I'm assuming morning time before nap. What should we do?would also like to be able to play volleyball. My husband is a carpenter/contractor so he has lots of experience but has never done a pool. There are just so many options with a kit, it's hard to know what to pick!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

There is no way we can tell you what you and your family's preferences are as far as pool size and shape ... it is personal preference.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Inground, or onground? The former is pretty involved installation wise, and the latter isn't a walk in the park either. I speak from experience, see the photos in my signature link. Just so you go in eyes wide open.
    Mark
    -- Courtice, Ontario, Canada. "Cabo San Backyardo"
    12x16 3/4 inground - Hayward 3400VSP, Sand Filter, Rooftop 4x20 solar w/ Hayward GL235 automation.
    Previously installed at a neighbors, before, during & after photos HERE!

6. Back To Top    #6

You might also check with your local pool stores / pool builders. I know of at least one local pool store here which tends to specialize in repair and pool building that offers varying levels of installations, ranging from turn key, to pool installation only, and you are responsible for all the prep (electrical, plumbing, digging the hole, etc.)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

This will be as fun as me convincing you to hand over your check book to me and I'll have everything sent to you with the build specifics!

Now... when can we get this thing started?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

We had a good experience with Royal Pools and they were very helpful over the phone.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks, I'll check out royal pools! Any suggestions on the shape? We would like a diving area and a volleyball area.

10. Back To Top    #10

You may like an "L" shape with the long leg for volleyball and the short leg deep enough for diving.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!