How do I plumb my Stenner pump into my soft pvc return hose?

laceygirl

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Dec 31, 2013
Canberra Australia
This is the part that I haven't really thought of per my build... I am using soft pvc UV stabilised hose for my pool hoses this year, they have an excellent guarantee and don't cost much more than regular pool hose, so my question is, what parts will I need, to add my Stenner pump to my return hose for chlorine injection?

Lacy, You will need to some tubing and a fitting to connect the tubing to the flex hose. I believe there are injection fittings made for flexible pipe such as yours. Barbed fittings they are called. There are also ones for hard pvc that are threaded and require making threads in teh hard pvc. Link below to a couple of them.

Im not an expert, but did some googling about it, so take it for what its worth. Maybe somneone with experience with these things will come along and help out more than I prolly can. (see the quote in my sig about experience. No truer words ever spoken).

A couple of thoughts to consider.... If the barbed fittings wont work or its not a good idea to inject into the flex pipe, could you perhaps put a hard PVC coupling somewhere in the lengh of pipe and put a threaded one in the hard pcv? Or is there enough space in the connector fitting of teh flex pipe to put one?

https://www.yourpoolhq.com/stenner-...d_451_d_4020&gclid=CMS9lP-boL4CFWYV7Aod6ScAgw

http://www.longerpump.com/product/product172.html

Yes Dave, that's exactly what I was looking for... I don't have the pump yet, so I don't know if its got a plug. So if it hasn't, this is exactly what I'll have to do.... Thank you very much... :) I have added both pages to my favourites for reference... I'll see if I can get something exactly the same here in Oz... :) The great thing about pvc flexi hose, is you can drill into it with no dramas.... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.