Filler Valves - Rebuild or replace?

Aug 18, 2012
Sacramento CA
Don't know if this belongs in this forum or over in "build", but:

It is now to the point that I'm leaking over 2 gals/min from the filler whenever I turn it on. While this is still (at least slightly) less that in getting to the pool, I' rather just fix it.

All I can find on it (or what ever I assume is a cover of a diaphragm of some sort). is
Code:
Champion
3/4"
Los Angeles
Calif
Sine the USPS switched to 2-digit state codes a least a few years before this was built, I'm assuming it is something the builder had in "old stock".

Attempting to google, I find constant references to "rebuilt kits".

Is the norm to fix the current, or replace when the leak gets to this level?

Again, much gratitude for the help here.

p.s. - replacement filter is in - if I can get water level above mid-skimmer, will try it out...

Can a kludge be built out of a gate valve and an anti-siphon device?
Yes. probably much more expensive and time-consuming, but is it possible?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand. This is a toilet-float type autofill, that doesn't shut off when it should? If so, the first thing is to adjust the float so it shuts off earlier (you've probably already tried this). I ended up needing to replace mine, which was as easy as going to Lowes and buying a new float and float valve, and screwing it into the wall. If that's not what you're talking about, can you post a picture?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.