Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool level problem??

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool level problem??

Hi All - we opened our pool this season to notice what looks like a very low spot along one section of wall. The picture below shows about a 2" difference in how much of the liner appears to be below the water line. I measured the depth of water at the low side and the high side, and they are both the same, so it doesn't appear that the pool floor has dipped at all. I thought the liner might be sagging or coming out of the channel, but it appears to be fine. My next step was to look at the posts to see if one may be sinking a bit, but checking it with a laser level, all the post tops are within 1/4". I'm out of ideas...Can anyone figure what is happening? Even if everything is fine, it just *looks* bad!

pool level.jpg
    17100 Gallon round above ground pool, 27' diameter
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    SWG for Chlorine
    Cartridge filter, 2hp pump
    Located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool level problem??

Mine does the same thing and it bugs the boogers out of me! But I'm not messing with it! I'm probably within a 1/2" off directly across from each other. Lemme see if I have a pic...

If you look towards the house (to the left) you can see my low spot...

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

If you have checked each post and they are within 1/4" of each other nothing is wrong. Most likely when the liner was installed it didn't stretch evenly
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe measure the two distances as shown on picture below. Since all your uprights are within 1/4" then like swimcmp said your linear didn't stretch evenly.
    pool level.jpg
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

5. Back To Top    #5

That's exactly what it was! Through my green water (!) I could see the seem near the cove. On one side of the pool it was half way up the cove and on the other side, it was 6 inches out on the floor. It looks terrible but glad to know it is nothing dangerous... Thanks all
    17100 Gallon round above ground pool, 27' diameter
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    SWG for Chlorine
    Cartridge filter, 2hp pump
    Located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by blumsden View Post
    That's exactly what it was! Through my green water (!) I could see the seem near the cove. On one side of the pool it was half way up the cove and on the other side, it was 6 inches out on the floor. It looks terrible but glad to know it is nothing dangerous... Thanks all
    I think this might cause your linear to break. Maybe you should check on that.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

7. Back To Top    #7

Casey yours is looking just like mine..everything is level according to my leveler, and yes it drives me crazy....
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mepcards View Post
    Casey yours is looking just like mine..everything is level according to my leveler, and yes it drives me crazy....
    I've not experienced any issues with mine other than knowing it's one of the best installs I've ever seen as far as a pool goes, the liner is off the same amount directly across from each point. I'm leaving it alone. lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter